Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy (PCNL) This Minimal invasive procedure is performed under anesthesia. A telescope is inserted to break stone into fine particles to achieve stone-free status in large and complicated stones. This procedure usually requires hospitalization, and most patients resume normal activity within 4-5 days. This is an excellent procedure and any type of a stone in any age group can be treated. There is no need for open surgery now a days for treatment of kidney stones.
It is an effective treatment modality for treatment of stones in lower, middle & upper part of ureter.
A small ureteroscope is passed through natural hole of body (urethra) into the ureter. Large stones are fragmented and extracted. URS allows stone removal from inside the kidney without any cut / hole in the body. URS is effective for treatment of difficult and complicated stone cases and has high success rate with very few complications.
Extracorporeal shock wave Lithotripsy (ESWL) uses highly focused waves projected from outside the body to crush kidney stones anywhere in the urinary system. The stone usually is reduced to sand-like particles that can be passed in the patient’s urine. Large stones may require more than one ESWL sessions. The procedure should not be done for pregnant women. It can be used for patients of all age groups and those who have heart and breathing problems.
Khosla stone, kidney and surgical Centre is a premier centre for Laparoscopy and minimal access surgery. Surgeons and staff at Khosla Hospital are committed to providing best minimal access surgical care using their skills combined with latest techniques and technology. Laparoscopic Surgery or Minimal access surgery is highly specialized technique for performing abdominal surgery. In traditional open surgery, surgeon uses single large incisions to enter into abdomen.
Laparoscopic Surgery uses 0.5 – 1.0cm key hole incisions. Each incision is called port. Specialized instruments and telescope are passed through the port to perform surgery.
Advantages of Laparoscopic surgery over open Surgery
- Less Pain.
- Quick Recovery and short hospital stay (usually between 24 48 hours)
- Minimal blood loss and scar.
- Minimal risk of infection, hernia
Our Superspecialized Capablitics :-
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for removal of gall bladder.
- Laparoscopic Appendicectomy for removal of diseased appendix
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repair.
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy (TAH) for removal of Uterus.
- Laparoscopic oophorectomy for removal of diseased ovary.
- Laparoscopic removal of ruptured ectopic pregnancy.
- Diagnotic Laparoscopic
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy for removal of diseased kidney.
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty for repair of UPJ Obstruction.
- Laparoscopic pyelolithotomy for stone removal.
- Laparoscopic varicocelectomy & all other major urological procedures.
This is the technique used to treat stones in urinary bladder. An endoscope is inserted into the urinary bladder through urethra and stones are fragmented with a mechanical lithotripter. These fragments are then extracted out through natural urinary passage.